Energy has been Empty .....!
f course we want to see our next generation still life with this beautiful world. And i thing we must start to contribute to save our planet. Many thing that we can do to save energy in our life.
* We can do several thing with our home appliances
1. Turn your refrigerator down. Refrigerators account for about 20% of Household electricity use. Use a thermometer to set your refrigerator temperature as close to 37 degrees and your freezer as close to 3 degrees as possible. Make sure that its energy saver switch is turned on. Also, check the gaskets around your refrigerator/freezer doors to make sure they are clean and sealed tightly.
2. Set your clothes washer to the warm or cold water setting, not hot. Switching from hot to warm for two loads per week can save nearly 500 pounds of CO2 per year if you have an electric water heater, or 150 pounds for a gas heater.
3. Make sure your dishwasher is full when you run it and use the energy saving setting, if available, to allow the dishes to air dry. You can also turn off the drying cycle manually. Not using heat in the drying cycle can save 20 percent of your dishwasher's total electricity use.
4. Turn down your water heater thermostat. Thermostats are often set to 140 degrees F when 120 is usually fine. Each 10 degree reduction saves 600 pounds of CO2 per year for an electric water heater, or 440 pounds for a gas heater. If every household turned its water heater thermostat down 20 degrees, we could prevent more than 45 million tons of annual CO2 emissions - the same amount emitted by the entire nations of Kuwait or Libya.
5. Select the most energy-efficient models when you replace your old appliances. Look for the Energy Star Label - your assurance that the product saves energy and prevents pollution. Buy the product that is sized to your typical needs - not the biggest one available. Front loading washing machines will usually cut hot water use by 60 to 70% compared to typical machines. Replacing a typical 1973 refrigerator with a new energy-efficient model, saves 1.4 tons of CO2 per year. Investing in a solar water heater can save 4.9 tons of CO2 annually.
* Small investments that pay off
1. Buy energy-efficient compact fluorescent bulbs for your most-used lights. Although they cost more initially, they save money in the long run by using only 1/4 the energy of an ordinary incandescent bulb and lasting 8-12 times longer. They provide an equivalent amount of bright, attractive light. Only 10% of the energy consumed by a normal light bulb generates light. The rest just makes the bulb hot. If every American household replaced one of its standard light bulbs with an energy efficient compact fluorescent bulb, we would save the same amount of energy as a large nuclear power plant produces in one year. In a typical home, one compact fluorescent bulb can save 260 pounds of CO2 per year.
2. Wrap your water heater in an insulating jacket, which costs just $10 to $20. It can save 1100 lbs. of CO2 per year for an electric water heater, or 220 pounds for a gas heater.
3. Use less hot water by installing low-flow shower heads. They cost just $10 to $20 each, deliver an invigorating shower, and save 300 pounds of CO2 per year for electrically heated water, or 80 pounds for gas-heated water.
4. Weatherize your home or apartment, using caulk and weather stripping to plug air leaks around doors and windows. Caulking costs less than $1 per window, and weather stripping is under $10 per door. These steps can save up to 1100 pounds of CO2 per year for a typical home. Ask your utility company for a home energy audit to find out where your home is poorly insulated or energy inefficient. This service may be provided free or at low cost. Make sure it includes a check of your furnace and air conditioning.
* Business and community
1. Work with your employer to implement these and other energy-efficiency and waste-reduction measures in your office or workplace. Form or join local citizens' groups and work with local government officials to see that these measures are taken in schools and public buildings.
2. Keep track of the environmental voting records of candidates for office. Stay abreast of environmental issues on both local and national levels, and write or call your elected officials to express your concerns about energy efficiency and global warming.
Dukung Terus Pendidikan bagi semua anak dengan Subscribe melalui Email anda.
0 komentar for this post
Tinggalkan Komentar Anda dibawah ini
Jika Anda mempunyai pertanyaan, harap sampaikan di kolom komentar ini,agar kami bisa langsung merespon, bukan di komentar isian Facebook.
Harap jangan berkomentar yang bersifat spam, jangan meninggalkan komentar yang berbau sara, kata-kata kotor, atau yang bersifat nada keras atau komentar Anda akan kami HAPUS. Blog ini auto aprove DO-FOLLOW. Kami sungguh menyukai perdamainan. PIECE ......
Loading Lambat ??? Klik versi mobile :EDUCATION FOR OUR COUNTRY - PENDIDIKAN UNTUK NEGERI KITA: Energy has been Empty .....!
- ► 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (87)
- Kelas Jiqsaw ( Latar Belakang ), Jigsaw Part 1
- Konsep Sketsa (Penggunaan sketsa Student-Generated...
- Penayangan Iklan
- MENGEMBANGKAN GAYA MENGAJAR
- Starter Experiment Approach / Pendekatan Starter E...
- Metode Kerja Kelompok
- Bank Soal IPA SMA/MA
- MAKE - A MATCH (MENCARI PASANGAN) (Lorna Curran, 1...
- METODE SIMULASI
- Metode Tanya Jawab
- Langkah dan Upaya UNICEF Untuk Melindungi Kesehata...
- Mahasiswa ITS Luncurkan Mobil Hemat Bahan Bakar
- Pembelajaran Kontekstual (Contextual Teaching and ...
- Metode Diskusi
- MODEL PEMBELAJARAN NHT - KEPALA BERNOMOR STRUKTUR ...
- Metode Demonstrasi
- Program Beasiswa Bidik Misi tahun 2010
- Daya Serap Anggaran Kemendiknas Capai 93 Persen
- Peningkatan Anggaran Pendidikan
- Metode Pembelajaran Ceramah
- MODEL PEMBELAJARAN COOPERATIVE SCRIPT
- MODEL PEMBELAJARAN PICTURE AND PICTURE
- MODEL PEMBELAJARAN EXAMPLES NON EXAMPLES
- Program dan Strategi Pembelajaran Untuk Semua Anak...
- “Welcoming School” Untuk Semua Anak
- Penjelasan Mengenai Pendekatan, Strategi, Metode, ...
- TENTANG KAMI
- Pelaksanaan UASBN SD/MI serta Ujian Nasional SMP/M...
- Download RPP ( Menggunakan Stategi Pembelajaran)
- Energy has been Empty .....!
- ▼ January (30)